Monday, January 24, 2011

Product Review

Product Name(s): Dove - Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner

Earlier this month, I had to run to WalMart to pick up some travel stuff before we headed to Dallas. We usually use Pantene Shampoo & Condition, but lately I haven't really liked it. It made my scalp weird. So, I decided to hold try-outs for my new duo in the form of travel size bottles. I looked around, but there really wasn't a lot of option. I picked up the Dove brand and made my way to check out.

I actually ended up not needing them while we were in Dallas, so, they stayed tucked away in the shower bag. About two weeks ago, I decided to shower in the main bathroom of our house and I brought the little bottles with me since all we have in that bathroom is kid stuff for my son... and I'm sorry, but I just don't do strawberry scented hair.

I'm in the shower... about to lather, rinse, and repeat... when I notice that the tiny bottle reads on the back, "Weightless formula". Okay, cool, no one likes weighted hair, right? I wash, I condition and as with any new duo; the first time is great! My hair feels soft (and manageable!) and since I have no where to go, I opt against putting anything in it. The natural drying method begins.

I get up to go to the restroom awhile later and as I pass by the mirror, WOAH! Weightless formula? Try ANTI-GRAVITY formula! The hair on my head is literally bouncing with each movement. I can only imagine that this is what I would look like in space. Even though thoroughly amused, I grab the spray bottle and tame the voluminous clown-'fro  that has formed on my head.

Pro's: Pleasant scented, thick formula, different colored lids for distinguishing the shampoo from the conditioner. Leaves hair feeling soft, clean, without over-doing it.

Con's: I would expect the silver lid to be the shampoo and the white lid to be the condition (but quite the opposite), unless you're going for the Bride of Frankenstein look: I highly recommend some after-care management (such as some de-frizz creme, maybe Dove brand?).

Will I continue to use?: I bought the huuuuge bottles and I don't see anything else jumping off the shelf at me, so, yes.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious, I think you should post a pic of that hair ;) Thanks for the review, I had tried their shampoo and conditioner a long time ago when it first came out and I hated it because it felt like it didn't rinse out. I might have to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried any other of their hair care line, but I do love the Intensive Therapy. And no way am I posting a picture! LOL!

    ReplyDelete